Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day #290- Sausage & Bowties



Another pasta night.  I started by lightly sauteing some green bell pepper and crushed garlic in a little olive oil, then added a package of mild Italian sausage to my skillet and cooked thoroughly.   I also got my water boiling to cook the whole grain bowtie pasta. Once the sausage was fully cooked, I added a couple tablespoons of tomato paste (forgot to buy pasta sauce) and 1/4 cup of the pasta water to the skillet, stirred until the sausage was fully coated, and let simmer for a couple minutes until the sauce thickened.  I tossed the pasta with the sausage and sauce, and sprinkled grated parmesean cheese on top.

To offset the carbs of the pasta, I made myself a small garden salad with romaine lettuce, diced bell pepper, cucumber, Italian vinaigrette dressing, and shredded Mozzarella cheese.  

No comments:

Post a Comment