Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day #294 - Chicken Sautee with White Wine Sauce


Looks fancy, doesn't it?     Even though I was physically tired from today's taiko class, I was in the mood to actually COOK dinner when I got home.

I started by heating a little olive oil in my large skillet over medium heat.   I added some sliced red onion and crushed garlic to the oil, and let cook until fragrant and translucent. 

While the onions & garlic were cooking, I cut a couple chicken breasts into 1-inch chunks, and seasoned with salt, pepper, and dried Italian herbs.   I then added the chicken to the skillet, and sauteed with the onion & garlic until the chicken was cooked fully.


Once the chicken was cooked, I stirred in a couple spoonfuls of tomato paste until the chicken was coated.  I added a couple generous splashes of white wine (I used a Chenin Blanc), covered the skillet, lowered the heat, and let simmer for about 10 minutes until the wine was reduced, forming a nice rich sauce with the tomato paste.

Meanwhile, I cooked some whole grain quinoa and steamed some asparagus, for my side dishes.


It was delicious!  Best meal I've cooked for myself in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment