Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day #308 - BCT Macaroni



Tonight I cooked up a skillet of BCT Macaroni Pasta.   What is "BCT," you ask?   It's like BLT (Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato), only with Chicken instead of Lettuce.  Abbreviations are so much quicker to type.

In a medium pot, I brought water up to a boil and started cooking my macaroni.

In a large skillet, I cooked some chopped thick-cut bacon.  Once browned and crispy, I used a slotted spoon to remove the bacon, and drained the majority of the grease.   I took yesterday's leftover breaded chicken filet, chopped it into small chunks, and reheated it in the skillet for about 3-4 minutes.  I then added a handful of quartered cherry tomatoes, seasoned them with a little salt & black pepper, and let those cook for another 3-4 minutes until soft.   I added the bacon back to the pan, stirred in about a tablespoon of tomato paste, and let rest over low heat until my macaroni was ready. 

I served up a helping of macaroni, piled up a generous portion of the BCT mixture, and topped with a little grated parmesean cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment