Monday, November 7, 2011

Day #309 - Autumn Pork Dinner


Tonight's meal ranks pretty high on the list of Autumn comfort foods - pork chops with applesauce and mashed sweet potatoes.

I cooked some thinly sliced yellow onion in my large skillet with a little olive oil until translucent, then pushed them to the edges of the skillet.  I seasoned the pork chops with a little black pepper and Jamaican Jerk Rub (for a little kick), then then browned them in the center of the skillet.   Once browned on both sides, I added a mixture of 1/4 applesauce thinned with 3/4 cup water to my skillet, covered the skillet, and let simmer over low heat until the pork was fully cooked.

On the side, I peeled a medium sweet potato, cut into 1-inch chunks, and cooked in my microwave steamer until fork tender.  I added about a tablespoon of mascarpone cheese, and mashed until mostly smooth. 

Once the pork was ready, I dished up the mashed sweet potatoes, pork chop (with some of the onions on top), and a small dish of applesauce.    All of the wonderful flavors of autumn  on one plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment