Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day #310 - Mexi-Mac


When I cooked the macaroni pasta on Sunday night, I over-estimated my amount and ended up with lots of leftover cooked pasta.   While trying to figure out the best use of the leftover macaroni, I recalled a recipe that I tried earlier this year for a baked Mexican Mac & Cheese.   Rather than search for the exact recipe, I just used my memory as inspiration for tonight's dish.

I started by browning about 1/2 pound ground beef in my skillet.  After draining off the fat, I added a 1/2 cup each of diced bell pepper (green and yellow) and yellow onion, and continued cooking until tender.  I then tossed in the precooked macaroni, added some tomato paste and salsa, and continued cooking until warmed fully.   Topped it all off with some shredded cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment