Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day #314 - Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts


I'm cooking fancy tonight!  

I started by poaching 3 large chicken breasts.  For the poaching liquid, I started with a base of tap water and added a couple splashes of white wine, 2 garlic cloves (halved), 1 rib of celery (chopped), and a few dashes of black pepper and dried herbs.

Two of the poached chicken breasts were put in the refrigerator for use in future meals.   I took the third breast and sliced it horizontally through the middle (without cutting completely through) forming a pocket in the middle.   

In a small bowl, I mixed togther crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and thinly sliced rainbow chard leaves.   This mixture was stuffed inside the chicken breast, and then I wrapped the chicken with two slices of thick-cut bacon, using toothpicks to hold them in place.

I took broccoli florets and thinly sliced sweet potatoes, tossed them in a little olive oil, and seasoned them with salt & black pepper.

The vegetables and chicken were placed in a stoneware baking dish, and baked in a 385-degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the vegetables were tender and the bacon was cooked.   After removing the chicken from the baking dish, I used a spatula to scoot the vegetables through some of the bacon grease drippings.   Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment