Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day #322 - HuHot Mongolian Grill



Tonight I met up with some friends from college for dinner.   We met at HuHot Mongolian Grill in Creve Coeur.   It was a new restaurant for me, and I really enjoyed it!

Basically, HuHot is an all-you-can-eat, create-your-own Asian stir fry grill.   The dinner price includes your choice of soup or salad to start.  I went with the Asian salad - spinach, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, mandarin oranges, sliced red onion, toasted noodles, and an Asian vinaigrette.

Then you help yourself to the stir-fry bar.   It was LOADED with every possible noodle, protein, vegetable, and sauce that you could want.  It was a little overwhelming at first.   At each table were bundles of recipe cards that you could follow, or you could just go freeform.

My first pass through the line went like this:  yakisoba noodles, beef, spicy sausage, green bell pepper, sliced zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, yellow squash, and peas.   For the sauces, I mixed several mild-to-medium sauces together, plus a little extra splash of lime juice and sesame oil.   

Then you hand your bowl of ingredients to the grillmasters, and they cook it on the flat top grill.   I topped mine with sesame seeds and sunflower seeds after it was cooked.


It was delicious!

I did go back for a second plate (had to get my money's worth), which I made with chicken, crab, and brown rice, plus similar veggies and sauces as the first time.


I highly recommend visiting HuHot if there is one located near you.  










No comments:

Post a Comment