Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day #326 - Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving!!

Today I opted to celebrate Thanksgiving dinner by myself.   Yes, I had some other offers for dinner.  I could have gone to my Aunt Sue's house along with grandma and my great-aunts.  My cousin Matt even offered to drive up to St. Louis, pick me up, and take me to dinner at his parents down in Cape Girardeau.  My aunt Carol in California invited me out there for dinner with them and my brother.  And several of my Scrap Girls friends invited me to dinner at their homes around the country.     But since my parents were out of town, and none of my cousins would be IN town, I decided to enjoy a peaceful, relaxing Thanksgiving at my apartment.

Even though I was having dinner by myself, I still spent hours cooking dinner for myself.  I enjoyed it! 


I started the meal with a small salad of romaine lettuce, diced Bosc pear, Feta cheese, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, and an Apple-Dijon vinaigrette (recipe linked below):

My main meal consisted of the following:

And I had a glass of a delicious South African Chenin Blanc (white) wine on the side.

I filled up on all this yummy goodness, I didn't even save room for dessert!



No comments:

Post a Comment