Monday, December 12, 2011

Day #344 - One-Pan Chicken Dinner


On the bus ride home, I was checking the Facebook news feed.  One of the posts from the Rachael Ray show included this recipe: One-Pan Chicken Dinner.

It sounded like a good dish, so I popped into the grocery store to grab a few necessary ingredients, then headed home to cook.

I made the following substitutions to the recipe, in addition to cutting the whole thing in half:
1) instead of quartered chickens --> used chicken thighs (cheaper at the store)
2) instead of yukon golds --> used sweet potatoes
3) instead of carrots --> used broccoli  (green vegetables add nutrition and color)
4) instead of thyme --> used dried Italian herbs

I got everything in the oven, and had time to squeeze in a quick workout while the chicken and vegetables were roasting.   The chicken thigh skin crisped up beautifully on the top.  It has been a long time since I've had crispy poultry skin.   And the thigh meat was flavorful and juicy.  I'm used to eating boneless, skinless chicken breasts, so this was a nice treat.  





No comments:

Post a Comment