Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day #356 - Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas Eve!

Tonight, as is our Christmas Eve tradition, dad's side of the family gathered at Pietro's Restaurant for dinner.  So I apologize for the dark photos, but it's hard to get a good picture with "restaurant mood lighting."

Dinner began with side salads - lettuce, red onion, shredded cheese, and Pietro's house Italian dressing:


For the entree, my cousin Kristen and I split the Veal Ala Pietro - veal cutlet with a white wine & mushroom sauce - and the side of shell pasta with white cream sauce.



 After dinner, everyone paraded over to my parents' house for desserts and presents.   We had an assortment of cookies & candy, red velvet cake, chocolate caramel pie, and a candy cane pie:

Tonight I did well and refrained from overeating.   Tomorrow will be a different story.

Let the holidays begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment