Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day #360 - Polish Sausage & Sourkraut


My favorite food growing up was Polish Sausage (Kielbasa) and Sauerkraut.   I'm not quite sure HOW this came to be my favorite food, but I requested it every year on my birthday.   

On a recent trip through the grocery store to restock my kitchen with real food (produce, dairy, proteins, and non-baking/dessert items), I passed the deli case housing the sausages.  I thought about picking up a leaner chicken or turkey sausage, but suddenly craved the comfort of my favorite childhood dish.   I grabbed a package of Polish Kilebasa, a can of Bavarian sauerkraut, and a bunch of broccoli.  

For dinner tonight, I put the sausage and half of the sauerkraut in a 9x9 glass baking dish, and heated it up in the oven until warm.   I steamed the broccoli in the microwave, and then seasoned with a little salt, pepper, and some shredded cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment