Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day #361 - Mom's Deli

We are having some unseasonably warm weather right now.  Temperatures are hitting highs in the 50s!!   Gorgeous weather to be outside, so tonight I decided to walk home from the Metrolink station.  Originally, I planned to run into Subway along the route to my apartment and grab some dinner.  As I was walking, I started craving Panera Bread instead of Subway.  I decided that I would leave the decision up to the stoplight and which direction had the green light.  Straight would be Panera; Right would be Subway.   Green light heading straight.  As I was dashing across the intersection, another building caught my eye - Mom's Deli.  A small, family-owned deli. I haven't had their sandwiches since grade school!!


I ordered the Mom's Special - Turkey Breast, Ham, Roast Beef,  Munchee Cheese, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles, Onions and Homemade 1000 Island Dressing.  I bought my sandwich and a bottle of Diet Coke, and walked home to my apartment.

I only ate half of my sandwich for dinner tonight, saving the other half for tomorrow's lunch.   With my sandwich I had some leftover red & green Christmas jello salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment