Friday, May 13, 2011
Day #131 - B.B.B.S.P
Like the title of this one? It stands for BBQ Beef Baked Sweet Potato.
I cooked the sweet potato in my microwave, using a nifty object called a Tater Baker. My cousin Krista gave me one for Christmas. It looks like a lined, fabric bag. The directions say to dampen a paper towel, wrap it around the potato, put the potato in the "bag," and then microwave as usual. I guess it helps steam-bake the potato? All I know is my sweet potato was cooked through without burning or wrinkling or exploding. Here is a quick pic of what the bag looks like. I bet you could find them at craft fairs:
Anyway.... once the potato was cooked, I cut it in half. Half went onto my plate, and I let the other half cool down so I could refrigerate it. It was a LARGE sweet potato, and I knew it would be too filling. I had about a cup of BBQ beef leftover in the fridge, so I reheated that. The beef went atop the sweet potato half, and I sprinkled it with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese.
A very satisfying dinner, and a nice way to use up the leftover BBQ beef.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment