Today was the 5th day of our California vacation. We started the morning with a walk through the Redwoods Regional Park in Oakland, California, where we worked up an appetite. From there, we drove to Berkeley and stopped at Chipotle for lunch.
At Chipotle, I ordered a steak burrito bowl - rice, black beans, steak, lettuce, mild tomato salsa, sour cream, and shredded cheese. I also had a few tortilla chips from the bag my family was sharing. It was a filling lunch after all the walking in the morning, and enough food to tide me over until dinner. After lunch, we spent a couple hours walking around the UC Berkeley Botanical Gardens.
For dinner, we drove to Mountain View to a restaurant my brother recommended: the Tied House Brewery & Cafe. My aunt, uncle, and cousin met up with us there. Considering we were at a Brewery, I had to order a beer with my meal. Their featured fruit beer was a Passionfruit Pale Ale. It sounded intriguing, so I gave it a try. It was light, with a typical ale taste, but had a slight tropical fruit kick at the finish. I enjoyed it!
For dinner, I ordered their Turkey Burger - a half-pound ground turkey patty, with arugula, fresh tomato, and red onion on a kaiser roll, served with Chipotle Tarter sauce on the side, and a large portion of fries. The turkey burger was juicy and flavorful, and the chipotle tarter added a nice kick!


No comments:
Post a Comment