Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Day #30
Chicken Stir-Fry.
The other night when I made the Pesto chicken, I went ahead and cooked 3 extra chicken breasts.... because it's easier and faster to use pre-cooked chicken over raw chicken. I took 2 off those chicken breasts and chopped them into cubes. I added then to my large skillet, which had preheated with a little vegetable oil. Also to the skillet I added a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies, and seasoned everything with a little ground black pepper, soy sauce, and toasted sesame oil (from Vom Fass).
While that was sauteing together, I made some rice. I found a box of Hamburger Helper beef fried rice in my pantry, so used that.... without the beef. After the rice cooked, I scrambled 2 eggs in the microwave and added it to the rice/sauce.
Took a large spoonful of the fried rice mix, topped it with a generous helping of chicken & veggies, and a light sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Voila, chicken stir fry.
Now if only I had some ice cream or sorbet for dessert to counteract all the salty & savory flavors....
But I don't. I didn't stock up on ice cream or sorbet when I went shopping prior to the "snow storm" that was forecasted for St. Louis today. So I'll have to settle for this instead:
A "parfait" made from layering frozen mixed berries and Greek yogurt (sprinkled with a little Splenda and almond extract ). A sweet fruity ending to a delicious meal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment