Sunday, February 20, 2011
Day #49
South Asian-Inspired Chicken Noodle Bowl
In a small pot, I brought some water to bowl and cooked 1 cup of orzo pasta. In a medium skillet, I stir fried together bell peppers, onion, and frozen peas until tender. Added in some diced chicken breast (pre-cooked), and seasoned with salt, pepper, and garam masala. A co-worker introduced me to this spice...well, actually blend of spices. It is popular in Indian and other South Asian cuisine. I really enjoy the scent of the spices. Once the pasta was cooked, I drained it, then tossed it into the skillet with the chicken and veggies. I then mixed in a sauce made from some soy sauce, hummus, and a splash of the pasta cooking water. Let that all cook together for a couple minutes until the sauce thickened and fully coated the dish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am impressed! This looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom