The food portion of the party actually began mid-morning, when a variety of snacks/appetizers made their way into the office. Cookies, candies, homemade corn puffs, cheese, crackers, sausage, canned marinated oysters, hot artichoke dip, and homemade egg rolls....just to name a few:
After everyone grazed over the snacks throughout the morning, we headed to the main event. Lunch consisted of turkey, fresh cranberry sauce, Pasta House salad, homemade bread, twice-baked potato casserole, broccoli & cauliflower casserole, and toasted ravioli:
Along with lunch, we enjoyed small "shots" of champagne:
Even though everyone stuffed their stomachs with the delicious lunch, everyone managed to find room for dessert. We had 8-layer magic bars, a giant chocolate-covered fortune cookie, a large chocolate chip cookie cake, and a lemon-lime velvet pie:
I ate WAY TOO MUCH food today, but isn't that what holiday parties are for??
For those of you who were wondering which dishes I brought... I did two of the desserts pictured above. The giant fortune cookie (from Fancy Fortune Cookies®) and the Lemon-Lime Velvet Pie (http://life-as-a-lofthouse.blogspot.com/2011/11/lemon-velvet-pie.html). The recipe for the pie called for 1/2 cup lemon juice, but I didn't have enough so I used some key lime juice in addition to the lemon. Other than that, I followed the recipe. The pie was lighter than a traditional cheesecake, but denser than a Milnot cheesecake. It was smooth and light and delicious.
This evening, after my stomach finally settled from all that food, I did my nightly workout and drank a meal-replacement protein shake for dinner. I didn't deem that exciting enough for a photo.




No comments:
Post a Comment