We are having some unseasonably warm weather right now. Temperatures are hitting highs in the 50s!! Gorgeous weather to be outside, so tonight I decided to walk home from the Metrolink station. Originally, I planned to run into Subway along the route to my apartment and grab some dinner. As I was walking, I started craving Panera Bread instead of Subway. I decided that I would leave the decision up to the stoplight and which direction had the green light. Straight would be Panera; Right would be Subway. Green light heading straight. As I was dashing across the intersection, another building caught my eye - Mom's Deli. A small, family-owned deli. I haven't had their sandwiches since grade school!!
I ordered the Mom's Special - Turkey Breast, Ham, Roast Beef, Munchee Cheese, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles, Onions and Homemade 1000 Island Dressing. I bought my sandwich and a bottle of Diet Coke, and walked home to my apartment.
I only ate half of my sandwich for dinner tonight, saving the other half for tomorrow's lunch. With my sandwich I had some leftover red & green Christmas jello salad.

No comments:
Post a Comment