Sunday, July 10, 2011
Day #189 - BBQ Chicken Pizzas
Tonight I made some mini BBQ Chicken Pizzas using the leftovers from last night. I started with a base of a Multi-Grain Sandwich Thin. I spread on some honey barbeque sauce, and topped with some leftover chicken thigh. I also took some leftover corn-on-the-cob, cut the kernels off the cob, and sprinkled those on my pizzas. I wasn't sure how corn would turn out on the pizzas, but it worked well with the chicken and BBQ sauce. I also added some diced green bell pepper to my pizzas, drizzled a little extra BBQ sauce over them, and sprinkled with grated parmesean cheese. I cooked the pizzas in a 400-degree oven for 10 minutes, while I also cooked the sweet potato fries. After 10 minutes, I added slices of provel cheese over the pizzas. I put the tray back into the oven and cooked for an additional 6 minutes, until the fries were crispy and the pizza cheese had melted.
It was a nice playful twist on last night's leftover BBQ chicken and corn.
P.S. I know I talk about these Sandwich Thins quite often. So for those of you who are not familiar with them, here is what I am talking about: Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment